Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 13, 2014

A Day of Arrivals

The first arrival for today, was the first Tawny chick for the season ...


We'll be watching this one closely to see if there might be other chicks underneath Mama!

In this particular photo, another bird flew down and landed on a branch about 2 feet away from the nest. Mama Tawny got quite loud, yelling at the bird to go away and you can see in this photo, the little chick opening her beak to copy mama. Very cute.

The second arrival of the day, was my first text book which arrived in the mail. The $245 book that I got for $30 and is in pristine condition and looks very scary with all it's scientific jargon!

Next was the arrival of all of yesterday's family photos to my iMac ready for editing!









My favourite is the one of Adoring Husband and Chicklet giving each other cheek across my lap, and in the last one, Chicklet was being very cheeky and got way too close for the camera to focus properly, however, I think it captures the essence of her cheekiness even without focus.

The fourth arrival for the day, was the electrician to install our new ceramic cooktop, which was done in a flash. It has touch controls instead of knobs to turn, so it will be easier to clean :)

That was my day of arrivals.

This blog post will arrive much earlier than usual too!

I now have a glass of wine at the ready to drink with dinner - chicken and vegetable casserole accompanied by asparagus and broccoli cooked in garlic butter. So much deliciousness!

Nite all.



No comments: