Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 17, 2014

RDJ Lover

Do you know what RDJ stands for? Robert Downey Jr of course!

Adoring Husband and I went to the cinema today and watched the movie "The Judge" with Robert Downey Jr,  Robert Duvall and Billy Bob Thornton among others.

It was a powerful and gut wrenching movie with great acting and a very moving storyline. If you go, take tissues!

We had a big day in The Bay today, and it's already 1am. I have bone broth in the slow cooker that I was hoping to strain and freeze tonight, but it's too late, so I'll let it simmer for another 6 hours and do it tomorrow.

I also have a large saucepan of cooked spinach, chard and kale ready to whizz and combine with the broth.

Anyway, before I head to bed, here is Part 2 of the series The Truth About Cancer for you to view, if you are so inclined.



Nite all.


No comments: