Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day Trip

It's been a lovely day.

We left bright and early and had a really good run all the way through to the Sunny Coast.

We stopped twice. Once to get a Sexie Coffee just this side of Maryborough and then again at Gympie to buy a gluten free pie.

Gympie has a pie shop that advertises on huge billboards as you get closer to town and on the bottom left corner of the billboard, it has a star announcing the new gluten free pie.

So we decided to try one .. even though we were meeting the Chicklet Family for breakfast.

We were both too lazy to make dinner the night before and all we did was share a few slices of smoked salmon, so we were starving by 8am!

The pie was DELICIOUS! $6.95 for a pie is a bit rich, but it really was delicious. I think they are worth the price, especially since we will probably only go there once every 3 months!

We eventually met up with the Chicklet family at the Sunspace Cafe in Doonan. It's a vegetarian cafe on about 20 acres of land, where they grow their own fruit and vegetables, the decor is all lovely old recycled pieces and they have live music on a Sunday morning, provided by a young man who set up in the outdoor area.

The food was reasonably priced and delicious. The smoothies and juices were made with fresh fruit, vegetables and other ingredients like chia seeds and nuts, instead of syrups, flavourings and bottled juices. It had a really relaxed and comfortable atmosphere and the service was warm and friendly.

I would go back again. I should have taken photos, but I was too busy being amused by, and amusing my little Chicklet.

Afterwards we followed the Chicklet family home, so that Adoring Husband could get the guided tour by Chicklet through the new house.

A couple of hours later after some playtime, some family photos and some negotiation, AH and I left for home, stopping at Eumundi to have a quick lunch at the LionsHead Hotel. They had a delicious GF salt and pepper calamari with chips and aioli.

The Hotel also had entertainment. A couple of bikers, one on guitar and the other on mouth organ, played a few songs while we ate and they had gathered a small crowd of their biker friends who applauded loudly at the end of each song.

The trip home always seems much longer than the trip down, don't you agree? We stopped for fuel once and then again at a farmers stall on the side of the road to buy some fresh fruit and vegetables. I got 2 red capsicum, a bag of onions, a BIG grocery bag of zucchini, a pineapple and a whole watermelon all for $12. Happy with that!

The psychotic dogs were very happy to see us arrive home safe and sound and after we fed them, we picked our own produce from the garden. 15 spears of asparagus, about a dozen mulberries and a colander full of cherry tomatoes.

We had the asparagus (cooked in garlic and butter) with a handful of cherry tomatoes and venison for AH, grass fed beef for me, for dinner.

That's our Sunday in a nutshell.

It was a good day and we are both exhausted and ready for a solid night's sleep.

Tomorrow, I hope to get time to edit the family photos and then share them here. Watch this space.

Nite all.





No comments: