Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Spectacle

Tonight's storm was a spectacle of sheet lightning, and I was still not brave enough to go further than our alfresco area with my camera and tripod.


I will always imagine how wonderful that lightning must look over the ocean at night .. I will never be brave enough to go look for myself .. although perhaps a drive in the car isn't out of the question one night.

I got a phone call this afternoon from some friends offering some tomatoes from their garden. They offered to drop them off at our house during their afternoon walk, so, I rushed around like a chook with it's head cut off, cleaning the house.

As the saying goes .. we can get more housework done in the 30 minutes before guests arrive that the whole week prior to that!

So I dusted quickly in the lounge room, made the bed, cleaned the toilet, tidied the bathroom, hung out some washing and loaded the washing machine with the dirty bathmats and towels. At least the house looked 'just' presentable.

Prior to that, I bathed two of the psychotic dogs. They weren't very pleased about that.

Morning tea was very pleasant this morning too, but we did miss Lady Lynn and little Lola very much.

There is some heavy duty yawning coming from my body right now, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.


No comments: