Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Revelations

Today, while I was channel surfing, I happened across the first episode of a three part series which aired on the ABC called "The Men Who Made Us Fat".

I haven't yet watched the second and third parts, but plan on doing that tonight and tomorrow. I took lots of notes on this program and intended writing a long post tonight, but decided that I would just add the link so that you could watch it yourself.

It's very interesting, and for me, it confirmed some facts that I have suspected for quite some time about the food and sugar industries. It seems that we little people have been manipulated by so many money making industries for so long, it's surprising that we haven't become extinct already!

So, lucky for you, this is just a short post, although I do want to mention something about my Tawny photo that I posted a couple of days ago .. the one with the close up of the eye.

I posted that photo in flickr (flickr is an online photo management and sharing site, where, depending on your security settings, you can share your photos with just a couple of people, or with everybody who uses flickr) and usually I get around 100-200 views of my photos .. on a good day.

Somehow, it was put onto 'explore' which (I don't really understand how this even works) is like a public page, where everybody who is a member of flickr can view it. The photo has had almost 47,000 views and almost 600 people have made it a 'favourite'!

I can't even describe how hectic it was last night as I got notification after notification on my ipad in a constant stream, advising me as the number of views increased at an incredibly rapid rate.

Anyway, it has slowed down considerably this evening, so I don't think I'll get too many more views.

I wonder how photos are selected to go on this page. I wonder if there is a way to stop photos being selected for the explore page? I wonder why it's even a 'thing' and how it is supposed to benefit me, if I'm not running a photography business?

Hmmm all very interesting.

The weather has been very hot here .. how about where you are?

Nite all.


1 comment:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Weather! Just ridiculous here in the tropics at the moment. Nights are almost cold! We need the heat to get the much needed rain!
Even though you didn't need or want the adulation Roz, the tawny photo was fantastic!