Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Challenge

The flickr challenge this month is "A Bug's Life".

There have been a lot of submissions and they are amazingly good! None of my shots even come close to being competitive this month, but I've submitted one just to be involved.

I've searched high and low for a different kind of bug .. there are dragonflies, spiders, bees and beetles and I really wanted something different in a different environment, but I didn't have much luck and the weather has been so windy this month, that it's been difficult to use the macro lens effectively.

Anyway these were my efforts this month and my final choice was the frangipani with the beetle.







I wish that I could share on here, the other submissions, but I can't.

Adoring Husband is still in Brisvegas cleaning up after the storm. They've asked the team to stay on for a couple of extra days, so I have peace and quiet for a little longer.

Here I was thinking that it was about 9.30pm but I just looked at the clock and it's after 11pm!! Where has the time gone? Time for bed!

Nite all.

No comments: