Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Hero Returns

Adoring Husband has returned safe n sound *insert very happy smiley face here*

My day was full and busy and distinctly lacking study time.

I started at the Seat of Knowledge with my boys. Morning tea with the girls was next, where I had a very pleasant time with the lovely little Lola.

I eventually came home to attend to some housework, including cleaning our walk in robe, which had my shoes and handbags scattered all over the floor so that I could barely reach my clothes! Now it's immaculate.

The air conditioning guy turned up to investigate a problem with our ducted system. It may very well be costly by the time he sources the replacement parts that we need. Bummer.

I made a birthday cake for Happy Harry, and during that process, the electric hand mixer died .. it's well over 10 years old, so I think I got my money's worth. My hair dryer died on Friday night as well, so I'm not having a lot of success with my small appliances!

I met with 'the gang' down at the Lion's Park for our monthly evening barbecue and the cake was a success. Thank goodness, because it was the first time I'd made this red velvet cake (sugar free and gluten free) and it was for a special occasion, so it would have been a disaster if it was a failure.

Then Adoring Husband arrived, looking tired, but very well.

We came home, and by the time I cleaned up and packed everything away after the barbecue, I got to sit down and my feet thanked me profusely.

Here are some quotes that I enjoyed today.







Nite all.

No comments: