Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Must Watch

I've just finished watching this one hour long movie called 'Cereal Killers' where a man experimented with his own health by changing his diet to include very high fats in high quantities and removing sugar and wheat.

He was by no means overweight .. in fact, I thought he looked quite frail to be experimenting like this.

His cholesterol was high and concerning for the doctors monitoring him during this experiment.

He also had a lot of people telling him that this was too extreme and unhealthy.

The results were that everything about his health improved. He lost weight. He gained strength and energy. His cholesterol improved and his blood pressure became perfect.

This movie is being shown for free on Pete Evans's Paleoway website for the next couple of days.

I urge you to watch it. I have friends out there with both cholesterol and weight problems .. this will change the way you view your eating habits and the food rules that have been pushed on us for years.

Here is the link, but remember, it's only available for a couple of days so MAKE the time to watch it!!  Cereal Killers When you get to the website, scroll down to the bottom to find the movie.

Hopefully, I have posted this early enough that you will get to see it before it's taken off the site.

So I will waste no more of your time here .. go to the movie .. now!!

Nite all.

No comments: