Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Joke Joyce

This is hilarious and I just had to share it!

An 83-year-old man was requested by his doctor for a fertility test as part of his regular physical exam.

The doctor gave the man a jar and said, “Take this jar home and bring back a sample tomorrow.”

The next day the old man reappeared at the doctor’s office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.

The doctor asked, what happened and the old man explained. “Well, doc, it’s like this–first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife Martha for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing.

We even called up Edith, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin’ it between her knees, but still nothing.”

The doctor was shocked! “You asked your neighbor?”

The old man replied, “Yep, none of us could get the jar open.”

And another for a quick giggle ...


Some food for thought (pardon the pun) ...

Heart Disease became a problem approximately a hundred years ago.

The obesity epidemic started around 1980 and the type 2 diabetes epidemic followed soon after.

These are the biggest health problems in the world today, and it seems pretty clear that diet has a lot to do with them.

For some very strange reason, the health authorities started blaming them on foods like red meat, eggs and butter.

We’ve been eating these natural foods for thousands of years, while these health problems are relatively new.

Doesn’t it make more sense to suspect all the new stuff instead, like processed foods, added sugar, refined grains and vegetable oils?

Blaming new health problems on old foods simply doesn’t make sense.

Finally, as I write this, the weather around us is sounding very threatening. I've been watching the BOM all day (as I do) and the storms started out as tiny specks, but have joined together and grow bigger with every hour that goes by. They change directions, then split up, then join back together .. very unpredictable.

It appears to be long way from me, but the edge is only about 20 kms away and I can definitely hear it making it's presence felt!

The blinds are closed and the TV volume is up! I can still feel the vibration of the rumbles though lol.

I'm wondering if, maybe when I've finished my Nutritional Medicine course, I might study Meteorology! My obsession continues.

Nite all.

No comments: