Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 19, 2015

My Idea of Heaven

I think this is my second favourite time of the year.

The Australian Open Tennis Championships began today.

There are 20/20 cricket matches and one day cricket matches for the next few weeks too.

My favourite time of the year is June when firstly, it's Winter and we experience lovely cool weather, secondly, State of Origin football is hitting it's peak and finally, Wimbledon Tennis Championships are on.

The Aussies have had a fairly successful day with most of them winning their first round matches. I am watching Nick Kyrgios playing at the moment, but I'm not sure if I'll see out the match. I will go to bed soon and fall asleep to the sound of tennis racquet hitting tennis ball.

I'm happy with some good study time today.

I also phoned Vegan Chickie today and got to speak to my little Chicklet, which was lovely.

Then this afternoon I could hear and feel some rumblings becoming louder in the background as I was listening to study videos through my earphones. When I checked the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars, and then looked out the front windows, this is what I found...


It looked very intimidating and I don't mind admitting that I put my camera bag in the wardrobe and put my mobile phone on charge, expecting the worst.

Luckily, there was not a lot in it.

It was originally part of a very big storm system coming from the south. It broke away and came in our direction, while the bigger one hit Maryborough bringing strong damaging winds and some flash flooding and then it moved on to The Bay. I don't know if they experienced any damage there.

We got some good heavy rain and lots of noise, a few wind gusts .. just enough to put me a little on edge, but it didn't eventuate to anything much, thank goodness.

This photo was taken just outside our front door.

Usually, when there is a storm about to hit, I like to pull the blinds closed and turn the TV up, because, to me, ignorance is bliss, but Adoring Husband decided that for today's storm, it would be a good idea to open the blinds and turn the TV 'off' ... then, in the middle of the storm, he decided to leave me alone in the lounge room and he went to bed!

I made sure he suffered for it later.

He was called out on SES duties after the storm to chainsaw a fallen tree, so lucky for him, he missed out on the bulk of my 'storm wrath'!

Right now, there are big storms to the north and to the south, but I don't think any of them will get close to us. We should get a peaceful night of sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: