Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Day of Rest

No study today.

It was our monthly ladies luncheon and we all caught the courtesy bus to Torbanlea, just a 15 minute ride away.

The Torbanlea Pub has a nice atmosphere and is very quiet during the day. It's a 'no frills' kind of place and of the few times I've been there, only once have I been disappointed.

They, apparently, are under new management since the last time I was there and unfortunately, the bistro doesn't cater to coeliacs, so my only option (due to my gluten and fish allergy) for lunch was steak and salad. Everything else was crumbed or battered, even the chips.

The steak was tough and luckily I still have my own teeth with which to chew, so I powered my way through about half of it. That aside, I had a nice time with the other ladies who attended.

I really wasn't that hungry anyway .. that's another of the great things about Paleo eating. I rarely feel hungry and there are no cravings. My mother once told me "we eat to live, we don't live to eat!" I understand that now, more than ever. I could easily be satisfied eating just once a day.

Another confession .. I shared 2 bottles of wine with Mardi and Lady Lynn .. with hindsight .. that made up for the crappy steak!

Here we are at the end of February and our flickr photography challenge this month is 'Nostalgia'. I still haven't come up with a photo and I have no ideas.

I thought about taking a photo of a vintage camera next to some old black & white photos and a very old album, but I went into flickr to look at what some of the others had done and there is already a photo of someone browsing through some old black & white photos, so that idea for me, is out the window.

I have three days to come up with something .. so if you have any ideas, please feel free to share! I have until midnight 28th Feb to submit.

So I'll leave it with you then!

Nite all.


No comments: