Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Missed Sunset

By the time I got my camera gear organised and ran out the front door, the sunset was almost gone.


I wish I'd been able to get down to the river for a better shot.

More study today. As much as I want to list all the stupid words that I learned today, I am going to spare you the torture, and I'm not even going to share the structured formula for Propane ... yeah, I can tell that you're disappointed about that.

I must say that my brain is pretty relaxed and is absorbing information well. Feeling ok about Chemistry right now. I hope it lasts.

My hopes for an early night last night kind of fell by the wayside when one of my favourite shows started the new series .. 'Parenthood'. I don't know why I didn't just record it. It started late at night and I stayed up til after midnight watching it!

Tonight, 'Grey's Anatomy' is on, but I AM recording it, so I'm off to bed now!

Nite all.

No comments: