Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mixed Efforts

There was study.

Alkane Nomenclature.

Cycloalkanes.

Polymerization.

Halogenation.

Thiols and Thiolethers.

I know right?!

I learnt a lot of rules about compounds, isomers, molecular formulas, substituent groups, reactions of alkenes blah blah blah blah.

At the end of a couple of hours, all the rules ran into each other (in my head) so I'm going to have to go over and over and over them to make sure I have them clearly understood. Ugh.

Youtube might have to be my saviour again on this one.

There was cooking.

I made these tonight ...


Delicious as they are, they melt very quickly, so you have to eat them fast. I filled them with chopped cashews, pepitas, sunflower seeds and pistachios. I think it would be nice to add raisins or cranberries to the mix.

Tomorrow morning I hope to make some more energy balls for Adoring Husband to take away with him on his training course this weekend.

I made another two weeks worth of dog food today with kale, silverbeet, celery, pumpkin, turnips, eggs with the shell, coconut oil, chicken mince, beef mince and spirulina. All raw except for the pumpkin.

Dinner for AH was stuffed flat mushrooms and stuffed capsicum.

There was cleaning .. half-hearted.

There was fighting with the printer that didn't want to print with any photo paper except it's own brand. That's annoying!

It looks like I might get another early night tonight! Woot .. Woot!

Nite all.

No comments: