Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Short and Sweet - enjoy it!

"Our Brain & Body Runs Better on Fat, Not Carbs" by Nora Gedgaudas (2012)

This is just a short 6 minute video of Nora Gedgaudas talking about fats and carbs.

Nora is the author of Primal Body Primal Mind, of which I own a copy, but haven't had a chance to read yet - along with 6 other books on my desk that I've only glanced at! One day!



To learn more about Nora, go here.

I had a quiet morning at home while Adoring Husband worked at our local markets, cooking breakfasts to raise funds for the SES.

For lunch, I cooked up a delicious roast chicken with garlic onion gravy. Roasted sweet potato, parsnip, carrot, capsicum, zucchini and beetroot accompanied the chicken along with some steamed broccolini.

Of course, today was Super Saturday for football and there were three games to watch on TV. AH didn't quite make it through the third game and headed off to bed.

We'd had a light dinner of chicken wings with a salad of baby spinach, rocket, onion, cucumber, avocado and pear dressed with balsamic vinegar.

The reason I always share a description of what we eat, is so that you can see that eating Paleo is nourishing and far from boring.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a recipe from Pete Evans' new 'Going Paleo' book. The crispy skinned chicken recipe has been getting rave reviews, so I'll take photos and share the recipe, if it's as good as they say.

Time for bed. I think I might use my lavender essential oil tonight to lull me into a relaxed state of snoozing.

Nite all.

No comments: