Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sorting thru the stash.

To know more about Paleo, click here

Today, I discovered one of the Foxtel channels was running a 'Friends' marathon. So I have been glued to the couch all day watching it.

I actually have the whole series on dvd, so I could watch it ad free any time I like, but instead I've spent many, many hours watching it with stupid ads every ten minutes! Sometimes I wonder about myself.

We enjoyed some Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Fried Rice for lunch, followed by Chocolate Mousse with Berries and Almonds.

I'm not sure if I've given the recipe for the Chocolate Mousse before, but today, I made up the recipe in my head, because I couldn't find the one I usually use.

Two avocados, 1 small banana, 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 1 can of coconut cream - blend it all in the blender. Put some berries in the bottom of a dessert mould, then pour some chocolate mousse over the top, then add a tablespoon of stewed maple berries, pour some more chocolate mousse and then sprinkle roasted chopped almonds over the top. Refrigerate for an hour or two.

That made 2 large and 2 medium ramekins full of dessert.

Dinner was a Bacon and Vegetable Frittata with a side salad, leftover Cauliflower Fried Rice and fermented vegetables.

So we are full of nutritional goodness today.

Surprisingly, I received the results of my Anatomy and Physiology exam today. I wasn't  expecting to hear until after the Easter break, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I was reasonably happy with 86% considering I spent so much time attempting to conquer Chemistry.

I can only hope for easier subjects in the next semester!

Some more old pics from my stash ...








Nite all.

No comments: