Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cleaning Bug

I arrived home from my trike ride this morning to find half of our house devoid of furniture!

Adoring Husband decided that it was Spring cleaning time in Autumn. So I changed into my cleaning clothes and we got stuck into it!

We cleaned windows together and then while AH vacuumed and steam cleaned the tiles, I cleaned my work area.

Oh dear.

It took me four hours to clean my tall wall unit and my desk area! I know! Right?

I had forgotten how much information I had printed out during my studies and I spent a lot of time sorting it all out from the four different piles scattered over my desk. There were Chemistry printouts, Anatomy/Physiology printouts, practise tests, lesson plans, so many notes, flash cards, essay drafts, formula exercises, diagrams and then there was the paleo information and the recipes.

It was a shambles and it felt like it was never ending!

I did take a 'before' pic and when the job is complete, I'll take an 'after' pic and share them both on here.

I still have to go through a couple of boxes of 'stuff' that has been sitting behind my desk chair for a year or more and also my low side board, which is covered in jewellery making paraphernalia.

I'm thinking about selling all of my jewellery gear. That will be a major undertaking in itself. Sooooo many beads, bead containers, findings, measuring boards, tools, storage drawers, books and magazines. We'll put that idea on the back burner for a little while and work on it later.

So we have cleaning plans for the rest of the week and who knows? It may even be presentable enough to invite people over one day!!

I did have to stop twice to cook lunch and dinner and after standing on hard tiles all day, in bare feet for most of it, my body was certainly feeling a little the worse for wear, so with the promise from the weather bureau of a fresh cool night, I am going to bed for some solid sleep, so that my body can be fresh and ready for another round tomorrow.

So that's it from me.

Nite all.

No comments: