Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Change is coming

Apparently, our weather is going to cool down tomorrow, by a few degrees.

We can only hope!

I'm over the heat. We've had almost 5 months of above average temperatures with horrible humidity to boot.

It's just blurgh.

On an unrelated issue, I'm going to try this ... Chinese Recipe ... for a couple of weeks to see if it has an affect. I've never even heard of it before, but it sounds interesting! I used my first piece of ice this morning and it's surprising how long it takes for one little piece of ice to melt! I will keep you posted on how it goes.

We had a very pleasant evening down by the river for our monthly social barbecue. It was a glorious sunset, but I chose not to take any photos because as beautiful as it was, I have a lot of sunset photos from that spot, so the level of 'spectacular' has to be pretty high for me to get the camera out.

Finally, because I'm ready to head off to bed, I will leave you with a link to a site about gluten intolerance. This blogger's name is Dr Sarah Ballantyne Ph.D. and you can read about her amazing achievements here. She also has some great recipes on her site and in her books, which are on my wish list.

Happy reading :)

Nite all.

No comments: