Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Woodgate

Had a great night at the Woodgate Bowls Club tonight.

Twenty two of us caught the barge over the river to Walker's Point, where the Woodgate Bowls Club buses were awaiting our arrival and drove us to the Bowl's Club for dinner.

I had a Club salad with Salmon and it was the most delicious salad and salmon that I have ever tasted. So fresh and crisp and the dressing was 'to die for'.

I had a pretty lucky night on the Keno and the Pokies and Adoring Husband got to dance on the dance floor with one of our friends who enjoys dancing as much as him.

Mardi and Lady Lynn xxx


Lady Lynn, Happy Harry, Adoring Husband and I all walked home when the barge dropped us off. On the way, we came upon a young man standing on the roadside with all of his fishing gear in his hands, staring at the road.

When we took a close look, he was watching a very large crab sitting on the driveway of a house, so Happy Harry decided to pick it up - the young man didn't want the crab - in the process, the crab lost a claw, which I confiscated, and Happy Harry took the rest of the crab.

I plan on having crab claw for breakfast tomorrow morning. Yummo!


We had a really good time tonight - as we always do on the boat trips across the river. It was a good crowd of people and we have The Lifesaver to thank for this one.

Anyway, it's been fun, but it's time for bed now as it's creeping up to midnight.

Nite all.

No comments: