Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

All Shopped Out

What a day!!

We shopped til we dropped, or perhaps we shopped til we were broke!

We met the Wippell's truck in Pialba and collected our organic meat order.

We went into Office Works so that I could buy a $4 lever arch folder and came out with over $60 worth of gear. Oh how I love you Office Works.

We went into Go Natural for some chook food and came out with chook food and two bags of other goodies.

We went into Nana's Pantry for some coconut oil and some nuts and came out with quite a bit more than that.

We went into Stocklands for some dog food ingredients and came out with a trolley load of groceries, some flowers, a set of stainless steel saucepans and a scarf.

The saucepans that I have now were acquired from the prize cabinet at the Griffith ExServicemen's Club in 2003. They have done their time and I'm excited to now own a new set of delicious, good quality cookware.

We went into Harvey Normans to price a food processor (because mine is almost 12 years old and it's clip attachment decided to snap off yesterday!) and came out with a very large box with a very lovely processor that even has built in scales!

My food processor and blender are probably the two kitchen gadgets that I use almost daily, so the old one has had a damned good run. The new one has big shoes to fill!

Finally, we picked up our FROG box on the way home.

Needless to say, our car was chocka-block full to the brim by the time we arrived home.

We drank a cup of bone broth before we left home this morning and then each had a coffee at about midday and that was it all day. We both still had plenty of energy by the end of the day and after I unpacked our loot, I cooked up some chicken and salad for Adoring Husband before he set off for SES training and I had a bunch of grapes. My body is so well nourished, I still have plenty of energy tonight. It's a good feeling.

Tomorrow I'm going to groom the dogs (yes, I know, I've been meaning to do that all week!) and then I'm going to spend some time in the kitchen to christen my new food processor! Woot! Woot!

There is nothing like a bit of retail therapy to rejuvenate the mind :) and now I'm watching one of my favourite movies (in my top 5 list) "Dances With Wolves", so ...

Nite all.

No comments: