Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Slovenly Sunday

Yes it was pretty slovenly.

Not a lot got done, apart from me cooking three meals.

We had a big breakfast.

Protein and a tossed salad for lunch.

My favourite was dinner. Butterflied lamb leg with creamed garlic cauliflower, bok choy and mint sauce.

The mint sauce was a made up concoction.

I took a handful of mint leaves and put them into the mortar and pestle, added a pinch of himalayan salt and a pinch of coconut sugar (the grains of these help pulverise the leaves and balance the sweet and sour flavour), a drizzle each of olive oil and maple syrup and pulverised until it was smooth and runny.

It only makes a couple of tablespoons of mint sauce, but it's just enough to drizzle on the lamb and add that delicious minty flavour that we all love.

Dessert was blueberries, strawberries and chocolate cream.

I think I've eaten more today than I have for the last month!

We watched the Amy Schumer movie, 'Trainwreck' today, and though I felt it started a little slowly, I really liked it.

We are going to the cinema tomorrow to see 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II'. It will be the beginning of a very busy week for me and I'm looking forward to it very much.

In the next two weeks, I have a couple of Christmas parties plus the town Christmas party for which I've been booked as official photographer. I have two days on the Sunny Coast for my first dental visit and Adoring Husband will have a trip to Sydney for his annual visit to Mum.

The Motivator and I also have a Jeunesse presentation planned for the first week in December.

So it's all happening.



... and now I lay me down to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: