Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Life of Me

This is SO 'me' and Adoring Husband can vouch for it!


I've been watching the final of XFactor Australia tonight and I'm pleased to say that my pick Cyrus Villanueva won. He seems like a lovely boy (19), very humble and he has a great voice.

Let's see if he fades into obscurity, just as all the other XFactor winners have in the past!

I've had a lovely day today, starting with sitting at the Seat of Knowledge with my boys, followed by morning tea with Mardi, Beauty, Maid Marian and the Reality TV Queen and then I invited myself to a day in The Bay with Reality TV Queen.

The day included a visit to Bunnings.

Everybody knows how I detest Bunnings and when Adoring Husband needs to go there, I demand that he drop me at a different shopping centre before he goes. I avoid it all costs.

So, as I was walking towards the entrance with my friend, I literally bumped into one of AH's SES colleagues! I made him promise to NOT tell AH that he saw me voluntarily entering the Bunnings premises and he agreed, but I don't trust him, so I had to confess my sin when I returned home.

AH was shocked and stunned!

My day also included another shop that I have only ever entered once and that is the Chemist Warehouse behind Aldis.

We had lunch at the RSL Club and then visited Dr Dan (Dan Murphy's) before returning home.

I was home before 3pm.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day because our lady's lunch group are having their Christmas party at Woodgate, which means a ride across the river on the ferry and the weather forecast is good. There should be 23 of us wreaking some havoc at the local club. I'm looking forward to it.

Today was the 18th anniversary of my father's passing. I can't believe it's been that long. It still feels like it was just a couple of years ago.  How time flies.

Happy birthday to my little sister, who turns 43 tomorrow (25th). She will be celebrating on Magnetic Island where she arrived a couple of days ago and spent some time catching up with our cousin. This is me catching up with him last year ...


Last, but definitely not least, a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the lovely Lady Lynn. We will be celebrating with her at the Christmas lunch, so wine will definitely be on the agenda!

Once again it's almost midnight, so I'm off!

Nite all.  

No comments: