Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Misery Guts

It's more than one, but less than two 'ughs' today.

My 'ughs' are not reducing quickly enough for my liking. Even the outside of my jaw is hurting a little today, and I feel like I've had a permanent frown for three days, but worst of all, the last three days have felt like seven days! I can't believe that it's only been three days!!

I walked out of the dental surgery at 3.45pm on Monday, so Monday was pretty much finished and it's now Thursday 8.33pm.

Time flies when you're having fun, but it sure drags when you're not!

I am sitting in my lounge room as a huge storm is passing over us. Very heavy rain and plenty of thunder and lightning. I don't know if there is wind because I can't see outside and I'm not stepping outside to find out. It sounds windy lol, but it shouldn't last too much longer .. not by the BOM indications anyway!

I have a glass, or should I say 'bucket', of wine beside me which I'm hoping will ease the mouth pain as well as ease the storm stress.

It's now 9.20pm and it feels like the storm has passed. Just some rumbling in the distance.

It has been a quiet day at home for me, riding out the healing process, so I'm afraid this is just another whinging post. Woe is me. Poor me. Feel sorry for me. It's all about me.

Thank you to Adoring Husband for continuing to give me love and sympathy and TLC. Also a big thank you for being a great plumber and fixing the blocked kitchen sinks at minimal cost to us. It's good to be married to a jack of all trades!

Well, I guess it's another early-ish night for me. Let's hope I wake up with less 'ughs' on my description list.

Nite all.

No comments: