Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Still Complaining

I'm still on the 2 x 'ughs'.

I'm still swollen and sore and tender and feeling sorry for myself. I'm OVER it.

I've upped my infection prevention strategy by increasing the frequency of oil pulling, gargling peroxide water, swishing colloidal silver and today I've made up a jar of Himalayan salt wash to rinse with too.

Since Sunday lunch time (it's now Wednesday night), my belly has welcomed coffee, bone broth, home made berry and pear sorbet and tonight my wonderful Adoring Husband made me some pureed pumpkin, sweet potato and potato and some finely ground mince with cauliflower sauce.

I desperately needed something solid and satisfying, and even though he complained that it looked like 'nursing home food', it was delicious and full of flavour and exactly what the doctor ordered. I ate so much, I'm still feeling stuffed, two hours later!!!

I had a lovely time with the ladies for morning tea and had plenty of endorphins pumping through me while Reality TV Queen had us all laughing uproariously at her's and her friend's drinking antics over the last five days. She is hilarious!

AH and I were planning on going to the movies this afternoon, to see "The Big Short", but I wasn't feeling chipper enough to sit through a drama for two hours, so unfortunately, even though today was it's final viewing, we have to wait for it to come out on dvd (or Foxtel) in May.



It has some big names in it like Marisa Tomei, Brad Pitt, Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Christian Bale, Selena Gomez and many many more.

I've been waiting for this movie to be shown and I can't believe it's been on for four weeks and I missed it!!

I received a phone call from Number One Son this afternoon too! He has a lot happening in his life right now, so there was some catching up to do.

Instead of movie-going, I spent the day watching all the TV shows that AH recorded for me while I was away. I needed a pain killer this afternoon and I will have another one before I go to sleep tonight .. which will be very soon.

I need another early night to help my body heal.

So ... nite all.

No comments: