Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

All Good Now

Well, thank goodness I recovered from my queasiness and woke up feeling more energised and happy this morning, and ready to take off on the road to the Sunny Coast for my appointment.

We left bright and early. I shouldn't really say 'bright' because the sun wasn't even up properly as we drove off. We had to stop and go back inside because I heard all three dogs barking and shrieking and howling! I ran through the garage and banged on the door to the house as loud as I could (probably woke all the neighbours!). There was instant silence, so I opened the door and yelled at them to behave.

It was quiet as we drove off the second time .. hopefully it stayed that way!

We stopped at Sexie Coffee (of course) for our first morning pick-me-up coffee.

We arrived at our destination an hour early, so we sat in a little coffee shop while Adoring Husband had his second coffee for the day. He left to do his own errands while I attended what I thought would be a two hour appointment, but it actually only took my dentist 15 minutes to do the job and the appointment cost me nothing!

So that was my final appointment for all the repairs that had to be done to my mouth and in future, it will be just the 6 monthly clean and maintenance.

*happy dance*

Afterwards, we drove to Kunara Organic Markets and spent up big on some bulk items. We were surprised at how much cheaper they were, compared to what we spend in The Bay for the same product.

We also sat down in the cafe and Adoring Husband had his 3rd coffee for the day. We each ate a GF chicken and rosemary crepe which was absolutely delicious - but we should have bought two each!

I shouted myself a little 'finished with the dentist' gift before I left Kunara ...

Once we decided that we were too broke to go anywhere else, we drove to Noosa Civic and bought some GF petit fours for Chicklet, AH and I to share, a lemon meringue pie for Vegan Chickie and take-away coffees all round (Number 4 for AH). My coffee was lukewarm and not very nice, so I left at least half of it, which AH consumed (Number 5 almost).

Two hours of playing with Chicklet and talking with Vegan Chickie and it was time to return home. During the drive, AH complained about his tremor being quite bad, to which I replied "It may have something to do with the 5 coffees you've had today!!)

The car began flashing some unfamiliar dashboard lights as we got close to home, so tomorrow, AH has to take it into The Bay to have it checked over. The manual gave strict instructions to do so!

We pulled in the driveway, safe n sound, a bit after 5pm.

The Psychotic Dogs were very happy to see us, that's for sure!

AH was pretty 'done in' after experiencing some pain during the day and still having to drive, so he headed off to bed early.

It's only 9.20pm and I think I'll head off to bed to read for a while. I may sleep well tonight too.

Nite all.


No comments: