Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Take a Look!

You've read here, in the past, about a woman named Jessie Reimers, whom I follow on Facebook on her 'Get a Fresh Start' page, as well as her story with the Doterra Essential oils and her petitions, firstly to get rid of the 'Healthy Heart Tick', which in a way, was successful, but unfortunately led the Aust Govt to produce the 'Healthy Star Rating' which is no better than the tick.

Jessie has a new petition here, which explains why the new rating is very misleading and how companies can manipulate their data to improve their star rating.


Aside from the petition, she has joined forces with other like-minded activists, who focus on health and world truths, to create a series of videos, explaining the tricks that the food industry use to promote their goods and then they recreate that food showing the actual ingredients and the ratios and percentages as stated on the ingredient lists on their packaging.

Today, the first video has been released, and although it is a little amateurish, it is an excellent start to what I imagine will be a very interesting series, and will quite possibly lead to bigger and better things in their future.

It's just under eight minutes long and had almost 900 views in the first four hours after it was posted on Facebook.   



Sometimes I truly believe that people are beginning to understand the relationship between food and their health, but then something happens that will bring me back to reality with a thud.

My voice of experience knows that young people (I was one once!) believe that what they consume in their youth is not affecting them and they will only worry about it 'later, if they get sick'.

Older people (I am one now!) believe that they can continue to eat everything that they've always considered 'healthy' and that prescribed medications will protect them into old age.

So I understand Jessie & Co's obsession and focus on getting the news 'out there' and, knowing how strong that brick wall of ignorance is, I have great admiration for them, as, with the very best of intentions, they continue to fight the good fight.

I wish I had their dedication and commitment. Even though my beliefs are just as strong as ever, criticism, teasing and negativity tend to silence me more and more, so instead of trying to change the world, as Jessie is doing, I withdraw and simply focus on Adoring Husband and myself.

I'm sure that my friends and family are grateful for those tendencies in me, and all I can do is lead by example. The only problem with leading by example, at my age, is that anybody who is more than five years older than me, believes that it is my youth that makes the difference, not my lifestyle.

So I will continue to share information here in my blog, and hope that in some small way, I might make a difference to somebody's health.

All going well, Adoring Husband is due home tomorrow and as much as I have enjoyed a very peaceful and quiet weekend alone, I am looking forward to seeing him upon his return. I may even bake some 'welcome home' apple and walnut muffins!



My written words make so much more sense to me than anything I see in my mind or that comes out of my mouth!

I have an early finish today, because I plan on going to bed early to continue reading Penmarric.

Welcome to a new week!

Nite all.

  

No comments: