Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Oily Goodness

I had some fun at the markets today and among my purchases were some Doterra Essential Oils. I got some Patchouli, Elevation and Citrus Bliss. Patchouli is good for gum and oral health and the woman suggested that I try Frankincense oil for my eye.

I have a problem with my left eye. Well, not the actual eyeball, because I've seen an Optometrist and an Ophthalmologist, both of whom cleared my eyes of any medical condition, however, the inside corner of my eye is weeping and now causing redness in the white of my eye. It's not sore, or itchy, or causing me any discomfort, but it 'looks' terrible and it 'looks' sore.

Using colloidal silver clears it up, but as soon as I stop using the silver, the condition recurs. So I will use a cotton bud to put a spot of frankincense around the area, and see if that helps. Frankincense is the 'go to' oil for most conditions, I'm told.

Patchouli is good for oral health, so I'll put a drop of it into the coconut oil when I'm oil pulling.

 
I bought some hand made cards, a print to be framed, an apron, some honey, 2 lacy coat hangers, an owl cushion and a timber basket. I like to support the local stall holders when I can, because I know what it's like to spend hours manning a stall and not have any sales for the day. I really want them to come back every week and make our markets worth visiting.

My footy tipping has improved slightly since last night. I'm now two from five.

I'm off to bed now. I'm re-reading one of my favourite books "Penmarric" by Susan Howatch and while Adoring Husband is away, I get to sit up in bed reading!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Nite all.  

No comments: