Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 13, 2016

We're IN!!

I don't usually follow the Eurovision song contest, although I have friends down south who have big Eurovision parties, staying up all night to watch the finals, getting all dressed up and having fun criticising and judging the contestants, taking bets between themselves on who they choose as the winner.

I was surprised and pleased to learn that Dami Im was our entrant this year and even happier to hear that she is now in the finals!

She is a real talent.



On Wednesday, I posted my Nutritional Medicine text books for sale on Gum Tree. I've already sold three of them! Just two to go and I will have released a bit more clutter from my life.

Today, I've cooked up a big batch of honey and lemon chicken wings, so, along with some salad, smoothies and broth, they will be my dinner for the weekend while Adoring Husband is visiting his family on the Gold Coast.

I've selected 6 dvds from our collection and plan on being a couch potato in the coming days and between football matches, will watch some really sad movies while I have the opportunity to sob my heart out in private.

I've had a great night at the club and it's almost 11pm, so I'm off to bed. It's been another bad night for me in the footy tipping and I have no tips correct out of the two games played so far.

I can't stop yawning!

Nite all.

No comments: