Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Autumn Coolness

This is what we've been waiting for. It is currently 16C outside, with the slightest chill in the air. Perfect sleeping weather. I still open the windows and have the fan going, but I pulled the covers over me last night and I always sleep more soundly with the covers on.

It's been a beautiful day.

I'm currently watching the football and strongly considering going to bed to watch the second half.

A 9pm bed time??? Unheard of!!

Ok, it's now ninety minutes later and I am still here! I told you a 9pm bed time was unheard of!

The team I picked lost tonight, so it's a bad start to the tipping weekend for me.






 NOW I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: