Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Movie Going

Today I saw a movie with Vegan Chickie. I saw it in Hervey Bay and she saw it in Maroochydore. The movie was 'Mother's Day' starring Jennifer Anniston, Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson and many many more recognisable actors.

Although Vegan Chickie and I watch 'Love Actually' at the same time every year on Christmas Eve, this is the first time that we have gone to a cinema to watch a movie at the same time.

We both enjoyed the movie, but it's not on my top 20 list. It was funny in parts and sad in parts and punching the air "GO YOU!!!!" in parts. The actors were all great and each story had a satisfactory ending.

I do have one gripe for the day. I was the first to sit in the cinema, so I chose my favourite seat on the aisle right in the back row. A couple (probably about my age) came in about three minutes later, and though they had a choice of any two seats in the entire theatre, they chose the two seats directly in front of me. She was about six feet tall with high teased hair, so she partially blocked my view of the screen.

Tempted as I was, to loudly announce "Are you freaking kidding me?!?!", I fumed silently and moved to the next seat across.

At the same time that I was watching that movie, Adoring Husband chose to watch 'Eddie the Eagle' which he enjoyed very much.

That's it for my day. I missed my girls and my regular morning tea, but I'll be back next week.

Oh one other thing! Vegan Chickie introduced me to a new game app today called Letterfall. I've been playing it for 30 minutes and am totally addicted! Anything with words and I'm done!! Scrabble, Words with Friends, Letterfall, Scrambled, Word Pop and the list goes on.

We are now competing for the highest score ... I am in front, but she is in the middle of bedtime with Chicklet and is losing ground because of it *insert evil witch laugh here*


Nite all.    

No comments: