Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Long Wait

I've had a quiet day at home, while Adoring Husband has been at the SES shed attending a full weekend First Aid Course.

When the course runs in Burrum Heads, we go to dinner at the local pub, with the trainers, and tonight was no exception. There were eight of us and unfortunately, about 88 others all seated in the restaurant, celebrating somebody's 60th birthday!

AH and I arrived at 6.30pm and we placed our orders at about 6.45pm. They told us there would be a one hour wait for our dinner. Almost two hours later, our orders began landing on our table.

By this time, we were all so hungry, that all conversation ceased while we ploughed into our food.

I was disappointed because I was told that the menu had changed since the restaurant was revamped, but it was exactly the same as it always was. Even after 8 years, the menu remains the same. Very limiting for anyone with dietary requirements. It has to be at least a year since I ate there and I won't voluntarily return there for a meal.

Sometimes our lady's luncheons are held there, but the last time, I ate before I went to lunch and I joined them just for the social aspect.

It was doubly disappointing because AH and I wanted to watch his team play against Manly tonight, and by the time we got home, there was only 5 minutes left of the game. Thankfully, his team (Cronulla Sharks) won by eight points, which puts them firmly on top of the ladder!

Some more sad news from the world of celebrities ...


Alan Young (Wilbur, from the TV show 'Mr Ed') passed away today, of natural causes, at the ripe old age of 96!! I think that's a pretty good innings.

Have a happy Sunday everyone!

Nite all.

No comments: