Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Best of News

The good news is that the Professor is happy with Adoring Husband's health as far as the Parkinson's is concerned and also there is no sign of the bladder cancer returning. AH's health is as good as it can be, all things considered. *happy dance*

We have really focussed on improving our health and lifestyle, hoping to fight off the diseases that threatened us, so seeing and feeling the continuous positive results is inspiring and encouraging.

I'm actually proud of AH for keeping the faith and maintaining such a positive attitude.

This weekend he spent quality time, between appointments (3 days), with his Gold Coast family, and even got to play Poppy to his two little grandbabies. He and his son enjoyed watching their beloved Sharkies annihilate the Knights 62-0 together, so it really was a very successful weekend all round!

I cooked up a baked dinner to celebrate AH's return home and followed it with the celebratory apple and walnut muffins for dessert.

Before lunch today, I had a hair appointment. It's been about eight months since I've had my hair trimmed, so I asked for a fair chunk to be trimmed off today. It feels VERY short (for me) and is just a bit longer than shoulder length.

In between all of that, I submitted my photo for one of the flickr challenges this month. The theme is 'Patterns of Nature'.


The difficult part of this challenge, is that it's the third time we've had this theme, so trying to figure out a different way to interpret it, is a challenge in itself! I won it last time with the bees on the honeycomb.

There is another challenge themed 'Nature's Image' for this month too. I hope to get to that one later.

It's creeping up to 11pm so I'm off to bed for some reading. Five pages is about my limit before I start to fall asleep, so I think it might take me a while to finish this book!

Have a happy Tuesday!

Nite all.

No comments: