Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Market Madness

What a day!

My alarm went off at 5.50am and I jumped out of bed to get to work so that I would have plenty of time to work, return home, and be dressed and ready to be picked up at 7.15am.

It was still dark when I rode off holding a torch, because the battery is flat on my trike headlight.

By the time I took the risk and rode to get my coffee before rushing home to get ready, I had 25 minutes to prepare for my day.

I timed it perfectly, but The Motivator was more than five minutes late, so I had breathing space.

She dropped me off at Aquavue and she headed off for her 8am massage appointment. I found a table in the Winter sunshine and there I sat enjoying a latte for almost 90 minutes. It was a beautiful day, but at about 9.20am, a very cool breeze picked up and it was cold enough for me to put my coat and scarf on.

When she returned, we decided to order some breakfast. I had gluten free pancakes with banana, bacon and maple syrup, which was delicious.

Just after we ordered, The Reality TV Queen appeared out of nowhere and joined us for breakfast.

By the time we left Aquavue, it was quite late in the morning. We checked out the Torquay markets, which were quite small and uninspiring. We walked across the road and spent some time browsing and buying at Go Natural before finding our way to the pier markets at Urangan.

We bought lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, bunches of fresh herbs and some pots of thyme and lemon balm. There was a stall selling spices, where I got some white peppercorns. I purchased some lovely, and very reasonably priced jewellery (because you can never have too much jewellery) and then we discovered a meat van selling pastured beef, lamb and pork, so I bought a beef cheek, beef fillet, leg of lamb and some bacon.

By the end of our day of retail therapy, the car was well laden with our goods, but we still stopped by the side of the road and bought 4 pineapples each from the back of a truck!

The Motivator dropped me at home where I had just enough time to pack everything away, before heading off to my next date at The Blond Bombshell's house. The Reality TV Queen, Blond Bombshell and I finished off the wine that was left over from our Gold Coast trip.

Two hours later, I stopped at The Motivator's house to pick up some sand crabs that I'd ordered, but I ended up spending an hour there and by the time I left, I was riding out into the darkness!

I munched on some crab for dinner and sat down to watch the second half of the Cronulla Sharks v Auckland Warriors game. It was AMAZING. 18 all at full time. After a very tight match, Cronulla finally scored a point to win 19-18.

Adoring Husband is in Sydney and attended the game. He said he stood in the stands with all of the other fans singing the Cronulla victory song three times before leaving the grounds. Even though he was by himself, he said he had a ball! I wish I could have been there to share that excitement with him.

Now, I'm watching my team play the Bulldogs. They are losing. I'm not sure that I can stay awake for the second half. It has been a very long day with an early start and I didn't sleep well last night because I was worried that I would sleep through my alarm.

I'm looking forward to staying in bed tomorrow morning, snuggled under the blankets and slowly easing myself into the day.

Nite all.

No comments: