Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Late Lunch

If you read yesterday's post, you may have noticed that it was almost 1am when I hit the 'publish' button, which meant that by the time I finished my pre-bedtime routine and climbed into bed, it was well after 1.30am, and close to 2am before I closed my book and turned out the light.

I fell asleep instantly! As I do most nights.

Much to my surprise, it was after 9am when I opened my eyes this morning, but for a change, I didn't hang around in bed for too long.

I actually went for a trike ride. It has been a few days since I've been for a ride and as I was riding over a small rise, I was struggling to pedal and wondered how it could be so difficult after just a few days away from the trike. I was riding into the wind, so I used that as an excuse. Then I arrived at my destination and discovered that one of my brakes had been on for the entire journey! No wonder it was hard work!

My first stop was to deliver a storage container to the Mini Farmer. She had made a batch of olives for me to try .. even though I told her that I didn't eat olives .. she claimed that home made olives were very different from the shop bought olives. So I trusted her judgement and took a container of them from her.

Even Adoring Husband, who enjoys olives, didn't like them. They tasted even more olive-y than normal!! blurgh I was honest and told her my opinion of her olives (in the nicest way possible).

Coffee was my next stop. While I was there I bought some avocados to make chocolate mousse to have with fresh strawberries.

On my way home I delivered some photos to Old Yellow Hat. He'd asked me to take a photo of his block of land, which he'd sold, before the new owners began to build on it. I had all sorts of trouble trying to print it at home - our printer obviously doesn't like glossy photo paper - then I kept forgetting to take the usb stick into town to have it printed, so it's been a while coming for him. Unfortunately he wasn't home, so I left it on the chair beside his front door.

I stopped at The Motivator's (who is currently in Sydney), because her partner, The Fisher King, had the crab sign displayed on the front lawn and I bought 5 crabs.

It must have been around 11am when I arrived home, and I began quite a productive day.

  • I shelled the 5 crabs and put the meat into a container in the fridge.
  • Cleaned the main bathroom and toilet and then used my new Lorraine Lea bathmats (they look lovely!)
  • Did 3 loads of washing, including all of the old bathmats.
  • Swept the floors.
  • Made a baked dinner with a leg of lamb, sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, carrot, onion, snow peas, beans and home made gravy. A late lunch at 3pm.
  • Made chocolate mousse to have with our strawberries.
  • Did some screwing with Adoring Husband - nuts and bolts (get your mind out of the gutter!)
  • Sprayed some peppermint oil in an attempt to get rid of the ants (must be going to rain, because the ants are back!)
The football started at 3pm and that's my signal to sit down and relax! It's super Saturday and there are three games of footy today. So far, the only blemish on my footy tipping week, has been my own team, Broncos, losing to Penrith Panthers. Luckily, everybody else in the tipping comp selected Broncos too, so their loss makes no difference to the standings.

Tonight, while I'm watching the footy, I need to make a list of all the plans I have for my office, and then tomorrow, I hope to begin marking off some of those items. I still need to make the strings of beads and hang some crystals and hearts between the scarves.

I also have to practise the chalk painting on the photo frames and then plan the wall gallery, which will include some of my photos, family pics, quotes and other artwork.

My dinner tonight was coffee and crab meat and I'm feeling rather sleepy ... funnily enough, that usually happens when I eat crab or prawns. I must research that and find out why. It's possible I won't get to see all of the footy tonight.

I'm done.

Nite all.  

No comments: