Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Unwitting Collector

Yes that's me.

I have now become the unwitting collector of Pokemon, using the Pokemon Go app.

Here are two of the eighteen characters that I caught today. There are 250 characters to catch and train.



We even went walking in the heat, to the park, where my app told me there had been sightings of Pokemon, and where I caught six of the little blighters!

Apparently, there is more to this game that just catching the characters, but I certainly hope to avoid getting any more involved than the little bit of fun that we had today!

At least it was pleasant at the park under the shade sail.


We also played

  • dinosaurs
  • created some art with the new felt tip pens 
  • painted some ceramic sea creatures
  • attempted to put together some skeletal dinosaurs (except I accidentally snapped one of them!)
  • played hide n seek
  • played Plants vs Zombies
  • played on the swing
  • played dress ups with my jewellery on the dinosaurs
  • tricked Mama into believing that we weren't the REAL Chicklet and Bozzy Wozzy, but a pair of imposters.
  • baked a dinner of chicken and vegetables and gravy
  • had bath time
  • read four bed time stories.
It's quite amazing just how much you can fit into one day.

Congratulations goes to my niece in Mackay, who, after a 40 hour labour, gave birth to a whopping 9lb 2oz baby girl on Monday night! Congratulations to my sister, Squirt, on becoming a first time grandmother too! All very exciting!

On that note, I shall love you and leave you. It's almost 11.30pm and I should probably get some sleep in preparation for another big Chicklet day tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: