Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dinosaur Dress-ups

Yes, most of our day consisted of dressing up, rearranging appendages and fancy dressing multiple dinosaurs.

No chasing Pokemon today, but we did watch some Pokemon cartoons.

Did a little creative and artistic digital colouring in on the iPad.

We had some crazy giant ball fun through the house until Chicklet lost her voice from laughing so loudly and we needed some time out to calm down.

Pizza for dinner. It's been about three years since I had pizza .. not since changing to Paleo .. and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, although I ordered a basic Hawaiian, which isn't very adventurous I know. It did have a fairly decent gluten free base on it.

At the end of today, I think we are all pretty exhausted and need a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow, I head home again .. in one respect, I am not looking forward to it because our air conditioner has had the royal order and cannot be repaired.

We're getting a quote on Monday for a whole new system, but it will be February before it can be installed. It's going to be a long hot Summer and I am not even a little bit happy about that!

I told Vegan Chickie that I would be returning to spend the Summer here in her air conditioned house.

There is something with very large and loud flapping wings outside this bedroom window. I'm not sure if it's swooping down to catch something for dinner, or if it is sitting in one of the trees flapping it's wings, but it's like the sound effects from a horror movie. Perhaps it's a dragon???

Makes my heart skip a beat every time I hear it!

No photos to share and no exciting news, so I guess I'll sign off here and get some sleep. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know that the giant winged creature has taken me.

Nite all.

No comments: