Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 16, 2016

Home Once More

Well, it was difficult to leave the Chicklet house this morning, knowing that our next visit is such a long way off and I'll have to travel much further. Chicklet was not happy either and requested that I put her in my iPhone with my collection of Pokemon characters!

The Bare-chested Chef dropped me at Cooroy, where I embarked on some much needed retail therapy which eased a world of pain. I followed that up with some RSL poker machine love. I figured that since I haven't gambled for some weeks now (while the club is under renovation), I could afford to have a little play today.

The poker machine gods were not as kind to me as I'd hoped.

The train station was the busiest I've ever seen it, with the platform full of people waiting in the heat and large family groups there to say farewell to other members heading north.

There were two cheeky males, who appeared to be father and son, and who boarded the train without tickets, found two spare seats and then avoided the gaze of the train steward as he checked the rest of our tickets after boarding.

I didn't dob them in, because I enjoyed watching their pleasure in hitching a free ride from Cooroy to Gympie.

Another man in a seat behind me, introduced himself to his fellow passengers and proceeded to tell them the story of his accidental swallowing of a false tooth and then went on to describe the necessary search for said tooth every time he needed to use the bathroom!

Far too much information for such early conversations. One wonders what form of sterilisation was used before returning the tooth to it's rightful place????

The mind boggles.

I was happy to arrive at my destination, along with a dozen other passengers, and Adoring Husband and I had to fight our way through the crowd to reach the car. We had to sit in the car and wait because somebody had kindly parked directly behind us and we couldn't get out.

They certainly took their time - long enough for me to make idle threats while sealed in air conditioned comfort.

The psychotic dogs were very happy to see me arrive home. Ruby gave me her signature wide smile, baring her teeth by raising the top lip and lowering the bottom lip and wagging her bum and tail with wild abandonment. Colli ran around in circles barking endlessly, while Jack lurked behind them both waiting for me to notice him.

After the warm welcome, I quickly put Hainan Chicken on the stove to cook, while I unpacked my suitcase and then made myself presentable for my evening at the club.

As usual, it was a pleasant evening with the girls, even though none of us won a single thing and then, much to the shock of the bus regulars, I rushed out and stole the front seat, which is usually reserved for one of the old local blokes. He realised he'd missed out, so returned inside to grab himself another beer!

Here it is, rapidly approaching 11.30pm and I have been ready for sleep for about two hours now. I shall go and lay my head on the pillow before I get my second wind.

Nite all.


No comments: