Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Plan the Year

After tidying up my desk, I hoped get a lot done with my site, but didn't get very far. I seem to have hit a road block and I have to figure out where to get some help.

Every time I sit down, a big black curtains drapes itself over my brain and I just can't seem to move forward.

I've written a 'to do' list, but I'm not sure about the order that it needs to be done. If I take the wrong first step, it could mean a lot of extra work to fix it. I need help.

So, hoping to get some inspiration, I dragged out the 'My Shining Life' workbook for 2017 and began to fill it in.

I wrote down my hopes and dreams for 2017 and how I'm going to take care of myself. I listed the things that I'm going to stop doing so I can move forward and what I'm going to start doing to move in the right direction. I selected some activities that I want to try (like sculpting, pottery, singing), books that I want to read, places that I want to go, workshops and conferences that I want to attend.

It asked how I would like to treat my body e.g. what I need more of (like sunshine, exercise, sleep) and what I need less of (like stress and potatoes!). I chose which rooms in my house that I need to declutter (I decided on my bedroom and the laundry).

I decided how much income I want my business to earn and then wrote down all the ways that I can earn that income.

I worked out different ways that I could help my community, selected an amount of money that I would like to be able to donate to charities and then selected the charities that would benefit from my donation.

I planned a retreat for myself.

I cultivated some 'mottos' for myself to follow for the year. My mottos will be ...

  • Inspire people when you can
  • Be kind to everyone
  • Follow up and finish
  • Believe you can and then DO IT!
  • Romance Your Life
I listed ten things that I want to celebrate about myself.

I provided a vague description of how I want to spend my birthday next year (because I'm really not sure about that one yet).

That is as much as I achieved this afternoon.

Next in the workbook, is making a list of good habits that I want to create in 2017.

I'm only halfway through the book and when it's finished, I have a business workbook to complete! They are beautiful books, fun to fill out and definitely provide inspiration.

Right now, I'm off to bed. I'm inspired enough for one day!

Nite all.

No comments: