Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

All About Timing

For some strange reason, I was certain that I needed to be at the train station at 10.46am today.

I was out of bed bright and early, so that I could shower, wash and blow dry my hair, make myself presentable so that I could rush down for coffee with the girls before heading straight to the station.

While at coffee, I took the train ticket out of my bag and discovered that I didn't need to be at the station until 12.14pm!!

It seems I have been experiencing some difficulties with 'timing' this month. I really must work on that!

We had to put the Blonde Bombshell in a 'time out' this morning ...


... five minutes of silence because she was just talking way too much and way too loud! She even timed herself! She knows we love her. She also knows we love her to shutup sometimes!

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the station fifteen minutes early and the train arrived at the station ten minutes early which caught everybody off guard.

Nobody was actually on the platform.

Adoring Husband and I were sitting in the air conditioned car chatting. The only other person catching the train was standing beside our car, with a friend, smoking a cigarette. So it was a sudden mad rush to drag our luggage up to the platform as the train pulled in.

There were only about eight people in my carriage, so it was a very quiet and uneventful three hours between Howard and Cooroy. I did some reading, dozed for about an hour and then played solitaire for the final leg.

I had taken my own lunch to snack on during the trip, for which I was grateful, because the dining car was about four carriages away towards the front of the train. I would have had to carry my handbag and my computer bag, both of which were very full and very heavy.

Keeping good time, we arrived at Cooroy train station ten minutes early and the Chicklet family pulled into the car park as I wheeled my suitcase down the zigzagging ramp.

It was a pretty quick drive home while we listened to Chicklet talking ten to the dozen about Pokemon and Pikachu. It seems that Minecraft is no longer 'game of the month' and I need to download and learn how to play Pokemon now!

Vegan Chickie and I chatted, and Chicklet put together the interconnecting dinosaurs that I brought with me. I had to multi-task and play dinosaurs while chatting at the same time. I'm not good at multi-tasking, so the afternoon felt like a bit of a shambles, however, it was also fun.

The Bare-chested Chef prepared a delicious meal of steak and veg (roasted sweet potato, potato, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, mushroom and asparagus) which was just what my tummy needed to finish the day.

Chicklet removed all the heads, arms and legs of the dinosaurs and reassembled them to create her 'ultimate' team of dinosaurs - or as she liked to call them - the ultimate of the ultimate dinosaurs. They even enjoyed bath time with her.


We seem to have very slow internet tonight and it's taking forever to load pages and send emails and edit photos, so I apologise for the unedited phone photos posted here tonight. I'm feeling decidedly weary and am not in the mood to wait for everything to happen.

On that note, I bid you a fond good night!

Nite all.

No comments: