Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Productive

I had a very intense and productive day at my desk and I have plenty of enthusiasm to power on tomorrow and learn some stuff that I've had in the 'too hard' basket, which I've avoided for too long.

With my Himalayan salt lamp glowing and Frankincense oil diffusing beside me, I felt bright and alert and open to new information. Also, the sound of my door beads blowing in the breeze made for a very relaxing and calm environment.


This beaded curtain has been rolled up, wrapped up and stored in the shed for the last eight years. It was only found because Adoring Husband was clearing out the shed and decluttering! I love it!

I'm feeling quite tired, mentally, so I'm looking forward to getting some sleep so that I'm fresh to start tomorrow. Having said that, the weather is hardly conducive to sound sleep. It's very hot and very humid and our air conditioner is still on the blink. We are looking at 3-5 weeks, if we're lucky, before it can be replaced (it can't be repaired).

I've been so desperate for some way of getting cool, that I've been researching swimming pools!!

A swimming pool is on my vision board and something that I'm sending out to the universe, so that it becomes a reality in the near future (by near future, I mean this year).

I'm very lucky that my workspace is the coolest room in the house at this time of the year. A cool breeze blows through the window all day and I have a little fan which plugs into a USB port in the desktop which keeps me cool from the other direction.

I'm excited that the Australian Open Tennis starts this Monday!

It's 9.30pm and I'm OFF to bed!

Nite all.

   

No comments: