Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 9, 2017

End of Tuan Time

They were very warm and fond farewells.

We were up, breakfasted (is that even a word?), cleared, cleaned, packed and driving away from Tuan by 8.35am, and what a team effort it was to have the house looking spick and span and the cars all packed with our gear in record time, so that we were ready to convoy out of the driveway earlier than planned!

Everybody had somewhere to be.

Even though we were sad to say goodbye to each other, we were all very relieved to say goodbye to the midges and mosquitoes

Unfortunately, our car suffered a recurrence of last month's medical condition and Adoring Husband was unable to pick me up, so The Nikonian, with great kindness, drove two hours out of her way to bring me home and then return to the Sunny Coast for an important appointment.

Adoring Husband greeted us with a happy smile and a small gift for The Nikonian to thank her for her kindness.

I unpacked my multiple bags ... containing food, clothing, alcohol and camera gear ... and then made my way into my workspace to edit some photos from last night ...






Suddenly it was lunch time, so I prepared a nibbles platter containing prosciutto wrapped rockmelon, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, grapes, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, carrot sticks and guacamole dip with chilli.

We spent the afternoon watching football, until it was time to drive to the park to meet up with Lady Lynn, Happy Harry, Rebel Mardi and The Lifesaver for fish and chips by the river.

The evening was so pleasant, with a soft breeze, a pretty sunset ...


... and bloody sprinklers timed to go off at the most inopportune times!! Twice we had to move when the sprinklers came on and sprayed our picnic table. Time to call the council.

Anyway, it was nice to eat with our hands, share videos of our grandchildren and spend time with good friends.

I said my second lot of fond farewells for the day and we returned home to watch a replay of the football - Sharks vs Storm - and the Sharks won!! I tipped them!! Yay me!!

I'm off to sleep in my wonderful bed that is not surrounded by buzzing mozzies :)

A big thank you to The Nikonian for being a fabulous host over the weekend, and also to JMan and Earth Mother for providing nutritious healthful meals for us.

Nite all.

No comments: