Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Chance of Rain

It has been exceptionally windy today in Tuan.

Thanks again to Jman and Earth Mother, our tummies have been filled with nutritious and delicious paleo fare all day.

We walked this morning and we're almost blown to Maryborough!

Other than that, it's been a lazy day chatting, laughing, peeling prawns and this evening, we finally got our photography experiment right.

We had no intention of doing anything this evening and were even contemplating going to bed at 8pm, when Mellylicious jumped up and suggested we try something. We grudgingly followed her lead ... two hours later, we returned to the house having had so much fun and with some crazy photos that none of us can edit until we get home.

We were climbing stumps and traipsing through water and running along the beach and striking poses and making crazy demands of each other.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am well and truly ready for bed!

We will all be returning home early tomorrow morning, feeling rested, refreshed and all caught up with each other's news.

My only regret is that I wasn't at the Bowls Club on Friday night to claim my $500 badge draw money! After 9 yrs, my name was finally drawn out and I wasn't there to claim it! Ugh!

Ah well, better luck next time.

Nite all.



No comments: