Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 3, 2017

Quite a Sunday

As I begin to write this, the clock is ticking over to 11.15pm.

It has been a long day and I'm feeling very weary.

This morning, I visited Mum H's son, The Peacemaker, at her unit. It was emotional and draining and enlightening and interesting and heartwarming. I was only there for an hour but it was quality time and I left there feeling very different to when I arrived. They really are a lovely family.

The Peacemaker gifted me something from Mum H's wall. They were photos of her and I taken at various parties and occasions that she'd had framed. I was surprised and touched, not just by the offer of the gift, but also for the realisation that I meant that much to her.

There is no confirmed date for her funeral, but it could possibly be the Thursday before Easter.

After my visit, I returned home to make a delicious brunch for Adoring Husband and myself. The Motivator kindly gave me a diamond scale mullet yesterday, so I lightly fried it in butter, salt and pepper and then squeezed some fresh lemon juice over it. I served it with a salad and I thoroughly enjoyed eating it while AH finished mowing the yard.

He came inside and showered before I served his brunch.

Next on my agenda, was to groom psychotic dog, Colli.

Before ...

After ...

This took two hours! She is squirmy and cranky and jumpy and hates being groomed. This is a chore that I hate more than ironing!

At four o'clock, I had an appointment with The Motivator for a 'journey' and I didn't get home until after 6.30pm, at which time I had to cook a quick dinner.

It is now an hour later than when I began this post, so I'm off to bed. I think I might sleep in tomorrow morning.

Nite all.

No comments: