Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 7, 2017

The Gang's All Here

Mellylicious arrived this afternoon and that makes a full complement!

The gang is all here!

We started our day with a delicious paleo breakfast of coconut yoghurt with Bircher muesli, berries, dragon fruit and banana and raw honey. Soooooooo good.

We walked along the waterfront with our cameras taking photos of nothing in particular and planning our next meal ... it seems that most of us are more obsessed with good food and good health, than good photography theses days!

The best part is that we are all pretty much on the same page and our chatter is non stop about all things that provide healing and wellbeing.

Actually, no, the best part is that Jman loves cooking even more than I do, and he has spent lots of therapeutic time in the kitchen preparing all of our meals. His amazing wife, Earth Mother, has also provided deliciousness to die for and I am in food heaven!

Lunch was liver pate, Vietnamese chicken wings, Aussie ham, tomato, cucumber, avocado, olives, a vegetable salsa, leftover butter chicken and paleo crackers that I MUST get the recipe for.

After The Nikonian and Jman returned from Maryborough where they picked up some more pantry supplies, we waited for Mellylicious to arrive and gathered our cameras and tripods for a shoot on the water.

We had a particular experiment in mind, but the light and our equipment didn't quite gel to provide the result that we were hoping for, so we returned to our deck and yet another dinner to die for.

Pulled pork, caramelised onion, cashew cheese, guacamole and marinated tofu and nuts in lettuce cups. Once again ... amazeballs!!

The mosquitoes and midgies are doing their darnedest to spoil our weekend and we are all covered in red itchy welts, but it would take a lot to dampen our spirits. It's such a beautiful, peaceful spot, the weather has been perfect, the food amazing and the company just fabulous.

It has been so relaxing and we all have so much catching up to do with each other.

I wish that I had a photo to share here, but they are on my camera and I didn't bring my laptop. I'll have to take a couple with my phone tomorrow.

I currently have the air conditioner running beside the bed to keep the mozzies and bugs at bay while I write this. It's working very well, so I think I'll leave it on all night!

Best get some sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: