Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 3, 2017

Back in the Groove

I didn't even know where to begin!

Finally, I got back into my workspace, but it felt like I was starting from scratch and I had so many tasks to complete, my brain completely shut down.

So, the only option for me, was to return to the Leonie Dawson Academy and find some inspiration and motivation from the guru.

It worked a treat and now I'm feeling much better about the next steps that I need to take for the business.

I'm just not sure when that's going to happen!

I seem to have booked myself to the brim and I have four free days out of the next sixteen.

It's about time that I committed myself to this task. It's time that my website became my top priority and I want it launched before my birthday, so that I can have a birthday SALE!

Commitment and dedication to the task at hand. That will be my mantra after Easter.

This weekend I have a three day photography shoot with some fabulously wonderful human beings from the original Flickr crowd. It's been about two years since we all got together and I'm really looking forward to catching up with them.

It means that I need to dust off the old camera. It hasn't seen the light of day for some time and I also have a professional shoot tomorrow, so it seems I'll be back in the swing in no time!

This is where I'm up to with my pottery bust ...






and just before I go ...


Nite all.



No comments: