Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

A Blessing in Disguise

I have had a GREAT day.

I stayed in bed reading and taking notes until 10.30am.

I arranged to visit The Motivator, but she bailed on me when her day was suddenly bombarded with family duties.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I retreated to my workspace and got a LOT of work done during the afternoon.

I priced and logged some more of my jewellery - holy crap, I've got a lot of jewellery - and I still haven't finished that task yet.

I photographed some more pieces and I added some more of them to the Shiny Sparkly shop.

Tomorrow will be a full day at my desk when I will add a new recipe to my recipe page and update my 'Life as Roz Knows it' blog page. I may even be able to write my first photography story and begin a competition on the Facebook page.

That's a big plan and I shouldn't get too carried away haha.

Today was Mother's Day and I received a lovely phone call this morning from my little Chicklet wishing me Happy Grandmother's Day and Vegan Chickie who wished me a Happy Mother's Day. There was a nice message from Bubbles telling me that she loves and appreciates me EVERY day and thanking me for being amazing (sometimes) lol.

Number One son forgot about me this year - but he has just returned home from a big week in Sydney where he applied for a job that he REALLY wants so he probably has a lot going on in his mind. He will curse me for mentioning it here and for attempting to make him feel guilty lol, but he knows me.

Seriously, even though it's nice to hear from the kids on this day, I've never made a big deal of Mother's Day during their lives, and you can call me cynical, but it's just another commercially created day to make more money for the already wealthy.

Adoring Husband did cook me a delicious lunch of duck breast with salad and little side dishes of pesto sauce, coconut chilli mayo and kimchi. It was nice not to have to think about making lunch, and it was absolutely delicious.

So to all the mothers out there and all the people acting in maternal positions ...


Nite all.    

No comments: