Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Ready For Bed

Gosh, I feel like my day has been full on.

I worked first thing this morning, after which I pedalled down to get my morning coffee.

When I arrived home, I drank my coffee, did a quick tidy up, made my lunch to take to Art class and then sat down to order some jewellery that some of my ladies have asked for.

At 9.30am, my lift arrived and we drove to The Motivator's house to pick up her pottery bust. She can't attend the classes for the next couple of weeks, so 'Teach' is taking care of it for her.

We only have one class left next week, before a six week break ... which I'm a bit sad about ... but one of the girls is going on a cruise for a month and then 'Teach' will be away for five weeks, so looking on the bright side, I may even get to sell my wares at the markets next month because I'll have a Saturday free!

My time in class was spent attaching some more tiles to the table top and 'Teach' showed me how to mix the grout, so I grouted all the tiles that were in place, which was about a quarter. Hopefully, I will finish the whole thing next week and MAYBE even get to bring it home.

Once again, the three hours flew by and it was time to leave.

No sooner had I arrived home, when the doorbell rang and Beauty was at my door for a quick visit to pay me the last little bit of her order and look for a gift for a friend.

After she left, I enjoyed a slice of key lime pie and then decided to pedal to the shops to get myself an afternoon coffee. I was almost tempted to buy some junk food, but instead I chose to be kind to my body. I'm pleased that I made that decision now and I'm going to be even kinder, by having another early night.

Adoring Husband drove home from Bundaberg this afternoon to get his medication and immediately left to return to Bundy for the second half of his course tomorrow.

I'm watching the football at the moment and there have been some good games on today. Unfortunately, I have not got any of my tips correct today. In four weeks, I have gone from second on the ladder to about second last!! Ugh.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have a happy Sunday!

Nite all.


No comments: