Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

A Happy Event

I know!!  Yell at me!!  Slap my forehead!! Grunt in disbelief!! Groan in dismay!!

I did not take any photos today.

Ugh!

I honestly did not expect the day to go as it did.

I imagined ten ladies coming through my door, spending $10-$15 each, sharing drinks and nibbles with me while I delivered a well planned speech to describe my website, who it was aimed at and what I hoped to achieve with it.

What actually happened, was that sixteen ladies came through my door, another three ladies gave me an order over the phone and each of them spent a LOT more than the $10-$15 that I imagined.

Between greeting my visitors, pouring drinks, taking money, putting food out and chatting with everybody, by the time my overwhelm had passed and I could stop and think, half of the ladies had left and the photo opportunities were well and truly gone.

I have to say, it was such a nice day. Everybody was happy and chatting away, giving and receiving advice about their choices. The Motivator was motivating everyone, using her design expertise, to select the perfect snap buttons to accessorise. The Margaritas, Cosmopolitans, Chardies, SBs and non alcoholic punch all went down a treat.

The nibbles got nibbled, the chicken wings and pork/chicken meatballs were gobbled up. I forgot to serve the key lime pie (it's still in the freezer).

So, I forgot to take photos, I forgot my speech and I forgot to serve sweets. They say things run in threes lol.

Speaking of threes, my entry into the Flickr challenge came third this month. The theme was 'Red' ...


I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted.

Nite all.

No comments: