Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 9, 2017

Oh My Goodness!

Can you believe it? I was in bed by 7.30pm and after reading for a while, was asleep by 8.30pm. I woke at 12.19am for a visit to the bathroom and then slept soundly until 5.30am. How fabulous!

While I sat up in bed this morning, in my summer pyjamas, drinking coffee and reading some more of my book, with the window open and enjoying the crisp breeze floating across the room, Adoring Husband was wandering around the house all rugged up as if it was snowing outside and berating me for being so weird.

When I finally decided to greet the day, I pedalled to the Post Office to pick up a delivery. It was one that I had hoped would be here by last Wednesday, because it contained all the presentation stands for my snap buttons and jewellery. Better late than never.

On the way home, I stopped at The Motivator's house to deliver her jewellery that she'd bought during the week and we had about 40 minutes before some friends of hers arrived for a brief visit. After quick introductions, I ducked out the back door and headed home, where Adoring Husband was packing for his trip to Bundaberg.

He's participating in a 4WD course for SES, but he has gone off without his medication, so he's feeling a bit annoyed with himself right now.

He's also just put the mockers on my footy team, The Broncos, by saying that with ten minutes to go, they should beat the Rabbitohs with the current score of 22-12. No sooner had we finished our phone conversation, and the Rabbitohs scored! Whenever AH makes a rash statement about what he believes will happen ... the OPPOSITE happens!

I told him that if Broncos lose because of his rash statement, I won't go to work for him in the morning.

Time's up ... Broncos won ... lucky for him!!

It's almost 10pm and I think I will head to bed for another reasonably early night.

Just want to say that I have these kinds of people around me ...


You know who you are :)

Nite all.

No comments: