Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 11, 2017

G & F Sunday

What a perfectly divine Sunday.

Yesterday afternoon (Saturday) when I bought my arvo coffee, I bought two and put one in the fridge so that I could reheat it this morning (Sunday) and climb back into bed.

My morning lasted for it's entirety - it was noon when I decided to greet the day properly.

I completely took over the king-sized bed with my stable table, laptop, iPad, iPhone, journals, books, pens, paperwork, water bottle, glasses, TV remote, fan remote (I had to turn on the fan last night!) and of course, my coffee.

It was heavenly!

Considering it was after midday by the time I rose, I heated up some beef vindaloo curry for lunch, which was extra delicious after 24 hours in the fridge.

I had a quick visit from The Old Speckled Hen and Dirty Old Man when they delivered a birthday invitation to his 80th birthday in August.

After that, I sat down to Netflix and watched (for the third time), Series 3 of Grace and Frankie.

Adoring Husband arrived home from his weekend in Bundaberg just before 5pm, so we caught up with our news before watching some more G & F and eventually, I found my way to the kitchen where I prepared lamb rack with vegetables (beans, peas and broccoli) and fried potatoes. It was delicious and satisfying.

Tonight, I've watched Bridget Jones's Baby (also for the third time) and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

So, that was my perfect Sunday :)

I hope to spend the next couple of days at my workspace ... I have been very neglectful of my website for almost two weeks and I need to change that.

So ... time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: