Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Muddy No More

What a grey, wet day.

I enjoyed my usual slow morning in bed reading and drinking coffee.

Before we drove to Scaryborough, we stopped to pick up our mail, which included the package I've been waiting for!! Woot! Woot!


We drove in the very strong wind along the highway to Maryborough, to meet with Best Cousin in the World, who was delivering my Lorraine Lea order, while I returned the recipe book that she loaned me a couple of weeks ago.

We met at 71 Wharf, which was once Muddy Waters Cafe. I was disappointed in the food. I had the only gluten free option that didn't include bread and was told that it was gluten free because it contained rice noodles. Honey Prawns and Calamari noodle salad. The calamari was very leathery, there were no noodles, the salad was limp and drowning in the honey dressing and there were only four small prawns (which were delicious).

The coffee was delicious and both Adoring Husband and Best Cousin in the World enjoyed their meals. BCITW had Moroccan Chicken Salad and AH had steak with chips and salad.

Anyway, I'm prepared to give them one more chance ... I always give cafes and restaurants a second chance.

It was nice to catch up with BCITW. We had some good belly laughs, as we do when we get together.

We left at 2pm and headed for Hervey Bay where it was raining very steadily and looked like it had been for quite some time.

We parked at Stocklands and spent about an hour inside buying lotto tickets (I must check to see if I'm 30 million dollars richer tonight), two tops and some groceries. It was still raining when we left and it rained the entire trip home. We stopped at Craignish to pick up our FROG box on the way.

There has been no rain since we arrived home.

Adoring Husband is off on SES duty tonight, so I've watched a wonderful movie called 'Lion' which I bought on DVD ages ago. It was still sealed in the plastic! Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman were both fabulous. I have a real soft spot for Dev Patel and he's one of those actors that draws me to a movie ... I would go see any movie that I knew he was in.

Now I'm watching GIRLBOSS until AH returns home.

Have a fabulous Friday!!

Nite all.


No comments: